Taymer Length Measurement
Length Rite Technology
Length Rite is a series of simple wire length measurement tools designed for everyday usage in many industries. Whether you are a wire supplier or a high-volume cable manufacturer, the Length Rite series will have a product for you. The length rite will not only save valuable time in measuring, but also reduce material cost by providing an accurate cable measurement.
In rewind lines and in certain manufacturing lines, pipe and cable length measuring has to include flexibility to subtract movement in the opposite direction to determine an accurate length measurement. Taymer’s Cable Length Measurement technology is well suited for this requirement and back and forth movement does not impact the machines’ overall length measurement accuracy of up to +/- 0.05%.
The Length Rite is able to integrate to a computer to store data into a database. This feature is ideal for tracking length measurements and make use of the data – such as inventory control, product details, and line efficiency.
Length Measurement Accuracy
Taymer’s Length Rite product series has a cable length measurement accuracy of up to +/- 0.05%. Our 30 years of experience in wire length measuring devices enabled us to develop mechanical and electronic technology to deliver this industry leading length measuring accuracy.
Pneumatic Raise and Lower
The Length Rite utilizes a pneumatic system to raise and lower the upper assembly. This feature ensures that exactly the same pressure is applied to your product at all times, practically eliminating slippage and protecting your product from excess pressure.
How it works
- The Length Rite device is based on measuring wheels that will rotate when making contact with the wire/cable/rope etc.
- This rotation is converted into a read-out of the measured length.
- On most models, an encoder is used for this conversion to provide an accuracy of +/- 0.05%.
- A typical problem with accurate measurement is slippage between the measuring wheels and the cable.
- To ensure minimal slippage, the Length Rite system uses two belt and pulleys to sandwich the cable as it pass along.
- This method maximizes surface contact and provides a highly accurate reading.
- This setup also allows the Length Rite to measure accurately on cables moving at speeds up to 1000 feet / min.